Senior Buyer in North Somerset/Bristol
Kingston Barnes has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer for our client in Bristol/North Somerset
The Company: With the company's success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within a cellular manufacturing industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Buyer will receive support and development which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further yourself and progress your career within a continually expanding business.
The jobholder will be personally responsible for ensuring continued supplier performance (on time delivery, cost and quality) within their portfolio of suppliers.
The day to day activities will include:
* Raising purchase orders through various methods and channels.
* Reacting to MRP system messages to expedite, defer or cancel open order lines.
* Issuing RFQs, drawing releases, analysing quotes and setting up new part replenishment profile.
* Resolve issues relating to accuracy of deliveries, quality rejects, invoice queries, overdue orders and production shortages.
* Identifying savings opportunities through benchmarking, value engineering & optimising replenishment methods.
* Working with Engineering to manage obsolete and replacement parts. Raising temporary permits (concessions) and engineering changes.
* Developing relationships with suppliers so important requests are handled with the necessary level of urgency.
* Conducting business review meetings over the phone and face to face or at supplier sites.
* Represent purchasing in internal cross functional project meetings providing status updates relating to all the above activities.
* Support senior buyers and purchasing managers with large volume supplier accounts by implementing system changes following strategic guidance.
* Maintain document records, track personal performance against operational metrics and contribute to departmental reporting.
* Experience within Procurement or Buying within Engineering/ Manufacturing
* Experience with sourcing side of New Product Introduction, Outsourcing and Continuous Improvement Projects
* Expediting experience
* CIPS level 4 or equivalent qualification or equivalent through experience (ideal)
* Strong negotiation skills
* Good interpersonal and team working skills
* Proven track record of hitting savings/delivery targets
* Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment
* Capable of interfacing professionally with internal customers and suppliers
* Resourceful, self motivated and confident with working on own initiative
If you are interested please call Justin Reynolds on (phone number removed) or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position