Our client is an expanding Ground Investigation contractor with a fleet of specialist drilling plant and equipment operating in numerous sectors including construction, defence, rail, utilities and transport.
They have new opportunity for a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to join the team. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates looking to take on challenging projects and greater responsibility.
- Supervision of site investigations (may involve working away from home)
- Logging of soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015
- Managing site investigation works, including costing, client liaison and procuring
- materials and sub-contractors, dealing with suppliers and preparation of health and safety documentation.
- Factual and basic interpretive reporting
- Assisting senior staff with project related duties
- Supervision and training of graduate and junior engineers
- Travel and attend internal and external meetings as required
- Adhere to working instructions as specified from internal and external clients
- Conduct internal paperwork as required
- Communicate with internal and external parties
- Conduct training as required
- Maintain equipment as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Essential Professional/Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Experience of managing ground investigation contracts from start to finish
- Soil and Rock Logging in accordance with BS5930:2015.
- Experience in supervision, management of drillers, engineers and client liaison.
- H&S Compliance Experience.
- Flexibility to undertake site and office based works as required.
- The post holder will be expected to attend and pass internal and industry recognised external training courses. These may include, PTS, N.R.A.S.W.A, safety passport, manual handling and equipment familiarisation
- Full UK Driver’s License
Salary and Benefits:
- £Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development