Geotechnical Engineer - Birmingham - £negotiable
This client is a well-established, award winning consultancy with multiple offices situated across the UK each focusing on all aspects of construction.
My client works on a large variety of projects from high and low residential, public buildings, retail, water engineering and building restoration. The team have a collaborative approach to their work with Directors and Associates working closely alongside the Geotechnical team to produce effective and high quality solutions.
You will be joining a friendly and dynamic team consisting of recent graduates to highly skilled and experienced technicians who all encourage a supportive and progressive working environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Completing both field and office based projects to a high standard
- Supervision of construction works
- Preparing Phase 1 and 2 geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation reports
- Carrying out detailed quantitative risk assessments.
- Liaising and reporting to more senior staff members
- Offering technical advice
- Ensuring compliance of deliverables e.g. RAMS/CPP, fieldworks, testing and reports
Needed qualifications and experience:
- Relevant in degree e.g Civil Engineering
- Relevant MSc e.g geography
- Working towards chartership with the Geological Society or Institution of Civil Engineers
- Ability to work as a team player with good communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to travel to different sites
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If this position sounds of interest, please contact Beth Cook at Penguin Recruitment on: (phone number removed) for a confidential chat or alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to: (url removed).