Senior Software Developer and Coach
UK (within commutable distance to: Warwick, Essex or Woking)
Full-time | Allows remote
Our client exists to help clients release the full value of their people, systems and processes so they can get their new products and technology to market faster and more efficiently. They improve engineering outputs, accelerate programs, and help our clients to succeed in a digital world. In 2020, they were recognised by the Financial Times as one of the leading management consultants and we are proud to have played a pivotal role in the success of the UK Ventilator Challenge, in response to COVID-19.
The "Special Projects" team is their in-house software development centre-of-excellence, producing tools directly for clients, as well as tools to support the work of our analysts and consultants. They are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Software Developer and Coach to nurture, inspire and educate the team. They need somebody who can lead the way to bigger and better projects and products, shaping the team for the future, accelerating their processes.
This role is home-based for the foreseeable future, with flexible working arrangements and remote working options for the long-term.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering on projects as part of a team of developers to create impactful products
- Nurturing the professional development of their talented engineering team to enable them to do their best work and grow in their careers
- Guiding the team to evolve their practices to help tighten feedback loops, and improve the efficiency of what they can deliver
- Collaborating closely with the team to help problem solve, define, deliver, and code review features
- Attending and leading sessions within the Special Projects daily stand-ups and monthly workshops
The selection process for the Senior Software Developer and Coach will focus on technical aptitude as well as your experience in the process of taking an idea from concept to a shipped product. They offer the following requirements as a guide:
- 5+ years of working in a professional software development context
- Strong experience with multiple of their key technologies (must include Python)
- A demonstrable history of designing & developing impactful applications
- Examples and outcomes of mentoring and coaching other software developers
- An in-depth knowledge of Agile practices (preferably scrum) and git version control techniques
- Understanding and ideas around the latest web development tools and techniques
- You feel ownership over everything you help to build - you write clean code, test thoroughly, and care about the people who use the things you create