Position: Electrically Qualified Maintenance Electrician
Location: Covering 2 ASDA stores in the Feltham region
Salary: £38,711 rising up to £40,710 after 6 months plus vehicle and other benefits (see below)
We are looking to recruit an “In Store Technician” within Asda retail stores for a large and dynamic Facilities Management company who provide hard and soft services across the Asda business. Established in 1985 the company can provide excellent opportunities in development and career growth.
The role will be covering 2 ASDA stores in the Feltham region.
THE FULL BENEFITS:
- Basic salary is £38,711 rising up to £40,710 on successful completion of 6 months service and training requirements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical cover
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), plus many more benefits
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, but applicants should be flexible as there is a requirement to carry out a rostered out of hours on call service which includes weekends (on call is 1 week in every 4). You will be provided with a fully expensed company vehicle. The role is to maintain and repair a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment which includes bakery, catering equipment, compactors, lighting and other static and portable electrical equipment, systems and circuitry. The role will suit people from a retail, manufacturing, catering or factory maintenance background.
Other responsibilities will include: (not an exhaustive list)
- Complete Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and to the laid down procedures
- Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary
- Prioritize maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times
- Order spares to the laid down procedures
- Carry out minor alternations and installations within the individuals’ technical competence and in accordance with
- current specifications
- Liaise with project teams on store alterations, modernizations and other relevant works
- Advise the General Manager of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the store
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications and papers are required and are essential requirements of the role:
- Full driving licence
- Electrical qualified to City & Guilds 236 Parts 1 & 2 OR City & Guilds 2330 Levels 2 & 3 OR NVQ Level 3
- 17th or 18th edition qualified
- Mechanical knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
and desirable: Time served Electrical Apprenticeship
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you. Please submit your details and recent CV to Jonathan Sweasey at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.