Bristol based Femtech pioneer Elvie are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work with their internal teams and contract manufacturers to help improve the processes and efficiencies of the partnerships.
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups "To Watch" by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fund raise in Femtech.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you will work within a team of multi-skilled engineers, leading new product introduction and management of current manufacturing activities.
- Lead the introduction of new products into global contract manufacturing plants
- Participate in design reviews and positively influence Design for Manufacture and Assembly at an early stage.
- Ability to lead tooling and/or EE DFM (design for manufacture) and tooling GA (general assembly) activities
- Define and agree tooling specification with CM's (contract manufacturers) & mold makers to ensure capacity and life requirements are met
- Spec and introduce assembly jigs & fixtures and in-line test equipment in partnership with the Chiaro NPD team and CM
- Lead part and process qualification activities to ensure products are fit for large scale manufacture - including but not limited to the running of studies, creation of documentation, and review and approval of documentation, reports and CM led studies.
- Continually assess the product introduction process and identify opportunities to improve consistency and quality whilst optimising the available resource and reducing cost
- Control design pack release to CM's (compile, review and release)
- Assist technical cost and specification review and support negotiation
- Stay abreast of industry developments and technologies
- Define and implement best practice manufacturing techniques - actively seek to introduce best practice principles into new and existing manufacturing sequences
- Act as technical point of contact for the CM for all manufacturing queries, tasks and activities (part, process, equipment and tooling)
- Continually seek efficiency and quality improvements within current manufacturing process
- Identify and drive cost-down opportunities through material, design and process improvement
- Leading capacity scale-up activities as demand increases
- Manage tool maintenance and repair activities, ensuring continuity of supply during downtime
- Monitor and manage production volumes and capacity constraints
- Supporting the CI and Quality team with change management and production cut-in activities
- Define production data requirements & lead implementation of data collection
- Monitor and lead internal reviews of production data
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Provide training and guidance to team members on specialist tool & technique application and interpretation
- Support general leadership within the team
We are looking for a passionate and inquisitive Senior Manufacturing Engineer with broad experience across multiple manufacturing environments and the ability to influence people and projects as you will be a key stakeholder in the product development cycle, responsible for the industrialisation of new products into our manufacturing partners facilities globally. You will also take the lead in identifying areas for improvement within the current manufacturing environment to drive improvements in cost, quality and on-time delivery.
What we need from you:
- Good grounding in production, mechanical and/or electronics engineering
- Broad manufacturing experience across a range of materials and processes
- In-depth knowledge of standard part and process qualification techniques with the ability to interrogate findings to resolve issues
- Strong working knowledge of Manufacturing tools, techniques and theories
- Good working knowledge of Quality tools, techniques and theories
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to apply Lean techniques and methodologies
- Experience with an electro-mechanical assembly environment
- Basic knowledge of medical device product introduction and manufacturing requirements (IQ, OQ, PQ / GMP etc)
- Experience of working alongside and managing global manufacturing partners across varying time zones and cultures
- Ability to audit manufacturing plant capability and production lines.
- Flexibility to travel internationally to support product introduction and manage manufacturing improvements projects
- Ideally, time with a start up that has gone through the scaling process. Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you can share the future of Elvie and have an impact
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
Excellent package with the health and welfare of their staff at heart of their benefits.