Senior Project Engineer
£560/day Ltd - £650/day umbrella in scope of IR35
6 Months initial contract
Based in Birmingham
Our client is a well established Nationwide Rail company whose professionalism and well respected name have been instrumental in their success.
Our client is looking for a experienced Project Engineer who will be working on multiple enhancement projects covering the West Midlands down to London and to the Scottish Border.
What you will need:
Must have experience in Timetable, Train performance analysis & operating train service & capacity performance - possibly from RAILSYS
• Operational knowledge of rail
• Network rail experience
• Project engineering
• Systems & operations experience
This role will support various long-term projects which are increasing capacity and improving journey times.
The role involves:
- Writing Concept of Operations
- Capturing and managing operational requirements
- ITSS analysis, direction, review
- Capacity analysis, direction, review
- Performance analysis, direction, review
- Railway Systems Modelling
- Digital Railway assessment including ETCS / ERTMS / TM System
- Upskilling the team in operations
This role will also improve our engagement with the Operations team and support timely MSRP agreement on projects.
- Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
- Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check whether all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Railway Group.
- Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with Environmental Policy.
- Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
For a full job description and more information contact us confidentially now – Call Linda Davison on (phone number removed)
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to l i n d a . d a v i s o n
- The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients
to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.