My client is a world class manufacturing company who have been established for over 70 years. Know for a diverse range of products and services, they have a worldwide reputation for quality equipment, and are involved in a number of different sectors.
The companies UK division is seeking a Service Director to join the team.
Based in the company's UK headquarters in South West London your primary responsibilities will be to oversee the operations of the field engineering department, the parts department and the client service department. Your team will be comprised of around 50 direct and indirect reports including field managers, engineers and service desk administrators. over and above this you will also act as a conduit to communicate the departments activities to the rest of the company in the UK, liaising with other departments in order that the company continues to develop its service arm.
Your day to day duties will cover all aspects of budgeting, performance / staffing levels, resource planning and strategy for this part of the business. It will require a manager who is as comfortable with producing reports, analysing data and producing management information (which can be used by both the company and its clients) as you are with managing a team of engineering staff and making strategic decisions which will affect the growth of this part of the business for the foreseeable future.
This post needs a resourceful and imaginative manager who would be able to consolidate and adapt existing systems and create new processes to allow the service department to move to the next level.
To be considered you would need to demonstrate
- A proven track record in senior service engineering management (ideally at Director level)
- A qualification to HND or degree level in a technical discipline
- A strong background in customer relations at a senior level
- Examples of how you have previously planned and executed new strategies and how you have successfully motivated your team to adopt and implement them.
- Experience of using management data to analyse operational performance or to demonstrate performance to clients
- Confidence in the use Microsoft Excel and Access and other reporting tools
- A calm and personable manner even in stressful situations.
In return the company offers: a competitive salary and company bonus; fully expensed company car with fuelcard; PDA; non contributory pension plan; PHI; 25 days holiday.
This is a challenging opportunity to join a business at an exciting time in its development and could bring great rewards for the right individual.
Please apply online enclosing your current CV and a covering letter giving examples of the above and your current salary expectations.
I look forward to hearing from you.