At the heart our clients business is the Automated Engineering, Maintenance and Robotic Repairs team, who play an important part in the solution. Based on-site, they are key in maintaining an operation that delivers our partners expectations, whilst providing pivotal feedback to internal teams that enable future development of their products.
We need Technical Leaders who are passionate about Robotic Automation, Technical Maintenance and Repairs of an innovative and fast paced system.
As an Engineering Team Manager your main responsibilities will include:
● Day to day supervision of a team of approximately 15 employees which will include, engineering technicians and repairs maintenance shift member's including prioritisation and allocation of workload.
● Working closely with inbound, outbound, and other support teams on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour, and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
● Be proactive in the development of team members, Advise, lead and motivate, assess
capability and identify and resolve training and skill requirements, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment. Plus be involved in any disciplinary issues.
● Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs, and defect reporting/resolving.
● Reporting and monitoring of data capture for automation and maintenance activities, including root cause analysis as necessary.
What we are looking for:
● Ability to lead from the front, driving pace accuracy and high health & safety standards.
● Be competent and experienced within Engineering, Maintenance and repairs. A technical
expert in your own right, either mechanically or electrically, although must be familiar and
competent with both streams of engineering maintenance to enable decision-making and
● An Engineering qualification, coupled with relevant applied learning.
● Experience at a management or supervisory level within an automated fast paced environment.
● Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise.
● Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
● Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage systems, gained from experience in an automated environment.
● Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems.
● Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.
● Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external and internal.
● Strong verbal communication, written and numeracy skills.
● Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical Approach.
Flexible working shifts:
This role will require your flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and therefore a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working a variety of days, evenings, weekends and this pattern can include some nights.
If you feel you have the experience and ability to excel at this role then please respond with your latest CV
Spring Engineering Solutions (a trading name of Roevin Management Services Limited) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Spring Engineering Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring Engineering Solutions. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/spring-engineering-solutions/cpis/