A highly innovative household consumer goods brand is looking to enhance its new product development team by hiring a contract Mechanical Engineer. You'll be responsible for developing mechanisms for use across the company's portfolio of kitchen products.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
- Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high-quality robust design of complex systems and components using calculations from first principles and tools such as FMEA and FEA simulation.
- Working on the development of products from concept through to manufacture.
- Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
- Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
This Mechanical Engineer vacancy requires:
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Engineer, with experience of working on gas cookers, ovens or heating appliances.
- Qualifications to at least degree level (PhD, MSc, MEng, BEng or BSc) in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, and hold A-levels in Maths and Physics.
- High level of proficiency in 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred.
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Up to £40 per hour
- Remote working and flexibility
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.