Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Birmingham - £negotiable
My client is a well-established geotechnical specialist based in the West Midlands and currently on the lookout for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their team in Birmingham.
With multiple offices spanning across the UK, my client is now one of the largest independent geotechnical specialists in the UK with services including site investigation, in-situ and laboratory testing and specialist advice.
You will be joining a friendly and dynamic team to work on a wide range of projects including new housing, railways, high-rise buildings and waterside developments. The successful candidate will be joining an extremely successful specialist consultancy with an excellent reputation and plans for further growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Completing both field and office based projects to a high standard
- Team leading with the management of subcontractors
- Client business development whilst, maintaining current client relationships
- Liaising and reporting to more senior staff members
- Training and development of more junior staff members
- The preparation and over-seeing of Desk Study Reports and GIRs
- Offering technical advice
- Ensuring compliance of deliverables e.g. RAMS/CPP, fieldworks, testing and reports
Needed qualifications and experience:
- Relevant in degree in either: Geology/Civil Engineering
- Relevant MSc
- Previous experience as a Senior Engineer
- Strong background in both contracting and consultancy
- Ability to work as a team player with good communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to travel to different sites
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If this position sounds of interest, please contact Beth Cook at Penguin Recruitment on: (phone number removed) for a confidential chat or alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to: (url removed).