G2 are looking for a fabrication workshop manager with experience covering the management of fabricating steel components and running an welding workshop for regulated industries.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
LOCATION: Bristol, UK (Avonmouth)
Technical Essential Skills
- Management of a live fabrication workshop (5+ Years' Experience)
- Knowledge of manual welding processes (TIG/MIG)
- Experience manufacturing for Oil&Gas, Power Generation, Nuclear type industries
- Workshop fabrication with Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel (Beneficial)
- Knowledge of relevant ISO standards (ISOL 9001, 14001, 18001)
- Knowledge of Inspection Techniques
- Budget, tender and materials cost management
- Management of fabrication, welding and quality professionals
- Experience with automated welding processes
- Planning shopfloor layout, expansion of existing or new facilities
- Maintenance of existing equipment, facilities and upgrades
- Recommendation of equipment selection for new facility
Day to Day Duties:
- To organise and control all operations within the fabrication facility to achieve all output targets in terms of quantity, quality and customer service requirements.
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the highest health, safety and environmental standards.
- Perform a wide range of engineering tasks to include but not be limited to the following: * Workshop Management
- Manage the day-to-day running of the fabrication facility at shop floor level and the organisation and distribution of work.
- P&L responsible for the facility, which includes monitoring and controlling cost estimates, spend on consumables and manpower.
- Management of the QA resource(s) to ensure that all outputs meet the desired quality specification with no rework.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that plant and equipment is effectively maintained to ensure maximum production efficiency.
- Organise the procurement, delivery and storage of materials in relation to specific project
- Lead meetings with the client and provide reports to meet the requirements of the contact(s)
- Manage subcontract activities including compiling tender documents and creating work packs for sub contract requirements, obtaining quotations and placement of orders and monitoring quality of output.
- Developing new wins through close customer relationships and supporting tenders as required
- Compile estimates and quotations for fabrication work
A comprehensive understanding of the health, safety and environmental requirements of managing an industrial fabrication facility is required.
HND or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline or Manufacturing (essential)
Advantage to hold :IOSH / NEBOSH safety certificate and City & Guilds or NVQ in fabrication and welding. Welding Inspection (CSWIP/PCN etc..).
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.