Project Engineer / Installation Project Manager / Graduate Engineer (Crawley)
£23,000 -£ 27,000
World renowned and respected manufacturer of a range of high end entry solutions, specialist anti-terror security equipment is seeking to grow its project management team due to the sustained growth within the UK and in export. Specialists in a range of perimeter security equipment, gating, barrier and bollard solutions for MOD, airports, power stations, hospitals, rail, etc...
You will be managing a portfolio of projects at any one time. Understanding the client specification, design, production process and then managing it through to the final installation and commissioning. You will be responsible for regular client liaison, liaising teams of engineers on site, managing the budget, supplier negotiations, health and safety procedures, etc… This is a fast paced and dynamic opportunity for someone who is looking for a rewarding, autonomous career with a well-respected market leader.
You will be trained in the planning, progresion and installation of small projects such as barriers, turnstiles and roadblockers. You will be required to manage a number of these projects simultaneously. Many of the projects you will take ownership of will be for high profile clients therefore you will need to learn to deliver projects on time and within budget. You will need excellent communication skills as you will be trained to be able to interface with people at all levels from Company Directors to Civil Contractors both verbally and in writing. You will become their first point of contact and responsible for ensuring customers are kept fully informed about their project through to its conclusion. This is an excellent opportunity to discover the real challenges and rewards of manufacturing and engineering.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Computer literate; CAD experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to deal with multiple issues under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately and methodically under pressure.
- Ability to think commercially as well as technically.
- At least 2:2 degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- A stable employment history.
- A full UK driving license.
- Authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Able to pass a low level of security clearance.
- Ability to speak arabic a bonus but not required.
- Living within commutable distance to Crawley (Re-locators will not be considered unless plans to move are already independently and firmly in place).
Applicants are invited to send their CV together with a covering letter of introduction for immediate consideration and interview.
Full product / industry training and support provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.