DS Smith Blunham currently has an opening for a Maintenance Engineer to join our team. We're looking for someone who can bring a professional approach to the organisation, can work well with colleagues, and provide new ideas as to how we can continue improving as a business. If you're interested in being part of a FTSE 100 company and can carry out the responsibilities below, we'd love to hear from you!
- To be accountable for own and others health and safety whilst at work, operating in line with SSOW (safe systems of work) and company procedures to enable a safe working environment.
- To raise any unsafe acts seen immediately with individual(s) concerned or report as appropriate.
- Take a proactive approach to continually improve housekeeping standards in engineering workshops and around the site.
- To work in support of a preventative maintenance strategy. Undertaking work of a predictive preventive and repair nature.
- Meet and exceed set KPIs for safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ensure contractors are appropriately supervised and comply with contractual commitments and site operating processes.
- Document and communicate as necessary comprehensive maintenance records.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and colleagues to improve team and cross-departmental relations.
- Ensure appropriate training is completed for both self and others to maintain professional and technical skills.
- Continually challenge and develop processes and methods of operating to delight our customers
- Proven experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates good fault finding and problem solving skills
- Experience of maintenance management systems, preferably SAP, but not essential
- A self-motivated and proactive team player
- A flexible and responsive attitude to go above and beyond when required
- Experience to carry out planned maintenance
- Ability to remain focused in high pressure situations
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience with autonomous maintenance practices
- Good communication and listening skills