Quality Engineer (APQP/PPAP)
£30,000 - £40,000 + Company Benefits
Derry, Northern Ireland
Are you a Quality Engineer from an Automotive or Aerospace background looking for a hands on role and to have an opportunity to implement and develop APQP and PPAP within one the UK's fastest growing companies?
Do you want to design an entire quality system and to be the go to Engineer and head up a department?
On offer is a new role with a young, dynamic, growing company. Where your role can evolve and develop.
This company manufacture specialist products for the Agricultural, Screening and Crushing industry. They have grown significantly since their inception and have recently won some large projects.
This role would suit someone with Automotive or Aerospace experience and has a good understand of weld processes who is hands on.
- To establish/support quality policies and procedures that are followed throughout the business that contribute to consistent high-class performance in all areas
- Responsible for incoming inspection of raw materials and liaising with purchasing/vendors on quality issues/performance
- Ensuring product testing is conducted at all stages of manufacturing and coordinating product release documentation
- Carry out investigations into product non-conformance using appropriate problem solving tools, monitoring effectiveness of corrective actions implemented and maintenance of appropriate records
- Working with manufacturing departments to assist in maintaining quality in production
· Documentation Control
· Performing analysis of chemical raw materials
· Conducting calibration (in-process)
· Performing final inspection
· Final Product Release
- Act upon internal and external NRFT issues with timely containment and robust sustainable corrective actions through root RCCA investigations with use of problem solving tools.
- Develop, promote and lead continuous improvement activities
- Carry out internal QMS audits, ensure that any NCRs raised are satisfactorily responded to and verify the effectiveness of resulting corrective actions
- Lead and participate in customer audits
- Ensure that all documentation conforms to industry / customer quality standards & supports customer product needs.
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including right first time, on time delivery and number of reworks.
- Participate in the development and updating of Process FMEA's
- Give quality input during New Product Introduction gave reviews and ensure that the appropriate quality criteria as well as process limitations are understood
- Develop and monitor production line/business unit performance metrics and initiate improvement plans when appropriate
- Lead and participate in supplier and in house improvement events
- Manage and support as appropriate internal and customer FAI's, ensuring that quality requirements are clearly defined
- Represent the business with customers and regulatory authorities with the objective of inspiring confidence and enabling positive cooperation in the quality of products and services provided
- Quality Engineering background
- Automotive/Aerospace background
- Understanding of Welding processes
Quality, Engineer, Automotive, Aerospace, Welding, FMEA, PPAP, APQP, Production, Manufacturing, Derry,
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.