A leading microelectronics specialist is now looking for a Chief Engineer to join their Senior Management Team in Taunton.
Your main duties will be to manage a team of product/process engineers, materials scientists and champion the continuous pursuit for excellence.
You will assume overall responsibility for manufacturing methods, process development, cost reduction, process robustness, customer design advice, customer process support, design for manufacture, bought in material selection, supplier compliance, manufacturing documentation, compliance to manufacturing standards, new equipment selection, new product introduction, new process introduction, design review and to drive manufacturing method improvement.
Working alongside the Quality, Health and Safety, Sales, Production Control and Manufacturing Departments you will ensure manufactured parts meet all performance and quality standards and are delivered within the required delivery timescales.
Overall responsibility for engineering in all manufacturing departments will include Manufacturing/ Materials/ NPI/ Root Cause Analysis/ Continuous Improvement.
This is a hands on role, where you will be responsible for a diverse range of manufacturing and production activities.
As the successful Chief Engineer you will have gained significant previous hands on experience with some or all of the following:
- Thick and Thin Film metallisation including (PVD), sputtering, eBeam; Photolithography and Electroplating; Screen Printing.
- Chemical and Plasma cleaning/etching
- Atmosphere furnacing,
- Laser machining
- Micro assembly and Micro components/assemblies
- Surface Mount
- Wire and Epoxy bonding
- Design of components/ processes and Design of experiments
- Quality systems
- Knowledge of end user requirements for miniature components for the mounting of Laser Diodes, Photo Diodes, Microwave diodes, micro interconnects, CCD sensors, optical alignment, hermetic modules, etc.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested for verification purposes.
Skills: Manufacturing, Engineer, Microelectronics, Root Cause, Continuous Improvement
To Apply Direct: Please email your CV and covering letter to Iona Mulligan