Our client is a well established manufacturer of specialist, precision engineered components which are sold worldwide.
Due to ongoing business growth and investment into new product innovation and equipment, they seek a Manufacturing Engineer to take on responsibility for manufacturing engineering in a specific cell, supporting CNC machining operations and delivering robust manufacturing processes to ensure customer orders are delivered on time, in full and to the correct cost and quality.
- Fixture design
- Preparation of CNC programs
- Tooling selection
- Identification of and implementation of performance improvement ideas
- Introduction of new products into a busy machine shop
- Previous experience in a manufacturing engineer, production engineer or NPI engineer in a CNC machining and specifically milling environment
- Experience in fixture design – ideally in a modular setting
- CNC programming – both on and offline (EdgeCAM, FeatureCAM)
- 3D modelling using Solidworks or another similar 3D package
- Significant experience in new product introduction
- Automotive or aerospace industry experience would be useful
- Knowledge of Lean, process flow, cellular manufacturing, SMED, OEE, SOPs
- Able to cite quantifiable achievements in improving the efficiency of a CNC machine shop
Most importantly, we seek an inquisitive, innovative, tenacious and confident engineer, who is passionate about continuous improvement, and not afraid to challenge the status quo. A positive, energetic and engaging character with a ‘can do’ nature, this engineer will enjoy great support from a likeminded manager and a business willing and able to invest in new technology and initiatives. Hence this role gives ample opportunity for the right engineer to make a true difference.
The organisation continues to expand and be at the forefront of technological advances in their field of expertise, investing regularly in new technology. They are strongly focused on training and development and celebrate success.
Please send CVs stating current salary and location for immediate review.