- To develop, plan and deliver engineering and innovation projects, manage the resources provided, in order to develop manufacturing capability for current and future business needs
- Develop user requirement specifications (URS) to ensure the clear and common understanding of agreed objectives and standards are established as the basis for project planning
- Proactively manage end-to-end project/change implementation within well-defined timelines and budgets, covering all facets of implementation, ensuring that project objectives are achieved
- Ensure that change control procedures are adhered to and that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and ensure that these are endorsed by stakeholders
- Monitor bought-in services, including external suppliers (technology partners or outsourced providers), to ensure the adherence to Manufacturing Unit standards and the delivery of agreed specifications
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks that could affect the success of the project through a maintenance of a topical risk management plan which ensures that all stakeholders are aware of obstacles to successful delivery
- Provide effective leadership to the project team, and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from the agreed tolerance
- Provide advisory support for Product Development, engaging with the team to ensure engineering involvement from product concept through to launch is achieved
- Liaise with customers on specific projects to ensure alignment of technology, performance, quality and technical standards so that the general manufacturing solution is fully supported
- Seek out engineering solutions for recognised manufacturing unit issues including capacity, efficiency, PD, Health and Safety, Hygiene, Technical, Environmental to ensure continuous improvement in the locations standards of performance
Are you looking for a new role within the food industry? Love working on high profile capex projects? Do have experience in developing, planning and delivering projects?
We are currently recruiting for a Engineering Project Manager to join our team in Northampton.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer
What we’re looking for
• Experience with a recognised project delivery method such as PMI/PRINCE2 (desirable)
• Able to use MS Project, or equivalent project management software, to plan and monitor progress and project resourcing.
• Familiar with AutoCAD or similar design software to produce design specifications.
• Current knowledge of Risk Management legislation and CDM regulations • Proven track record of managing contracts and third party providers.
• Familiarity with technologies: Data Centre Hosting, Managed Infrastructure Services, ERP Implementation, BI Implementation to look for alignment and efficiencies with local manufacturing requirements.
• Qualified in food hygiene (level 3)
• Qualified and able to assess machinery safety
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.