What We do
Springett Associates are an established consulting civil & structural engineering practice with three UK offices. We work on projects across the UK, ranging from luxury new-build houses, new-build residential developments to industrial projects, offices and leisure facilities.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we have a vacancy for an experienced structural engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career, help shape our services going forward and progress onto senior level.
The successful candidate will have experience working on a variety of projects and the main structural materials, in particular with experience in RC basements and RC transfer slabs, and finite element analysis. You will have the experience and confidence to manage a range of large & medium-sized projects with minimum supervision but to work as part of a team as required.
You will be an experienced Structural Engineer/Designer, ideally with several years' post-qualification experience. Candidates with different experiences & skillsets will be considered on their own merits. Beyond your engineering experience, you will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the hunger and passion to progress in your career. You will have a valid UK driving licence.
Role and Responsibilities
- Structural analysis and design for residential, industrial and commercial projects
- Preparing analysis models and designs using engineering software (MasterSeries 3D & TEDDS)
- Liaising with client, design teams and construction teams including site meetings
- Liaison and negotiation with regulatory authorities
- Deliver multiple projects within budgetary requirements
- Supervising and training more junior staff
- Part of / potentially part of the management team
- Developing new ideas & client relationships to help shape the future of the business
- Reporting to the Director and providing progress reports
Education / Knowledge
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Minimum degree or similar qualification in civil engineering
- Knowledge & understanding of structural behaviour and design (essential)
- Knowledge of traditional building materials (essential)
- Knowledge / experience of site supervision & inspection of construction projects (desirable)
What We Offer
- A competitive salary & benefits package
- Support towards Chartered/Incorporated status and/or ongoing IPD/CPD training
- A relaxed working environment
- Interesting and varied workload
- Good career progression prospects (to Senior Engineer and beyond)
Please email with your CV and cover letter. You must be currently living in and be eligible to work in the UK. Unsolicited CV’s or approaches from recruitment agencies will not be accepted