Innovation Project Manager
Attractive salary plus benefits
European Metal Recycling is the UK’s largest metal recycling organisation. With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated Innovation Project Manager to thrive in.
Our loyal employees work together and empower each other to ensure our success. With significant opportunities for new developments; it is an exciting time to be joining us.
Come and join the EMR family, a world of opportunity awaits.
About the role
The primary objective is to lead EMR’s participation in collaborative research and development programmes with other companies and academic institutions, leading a team of engineers to deliver EMR’s work packages and, for projects where we take the lead, co-ordinating the other partners in the consortium.
Key purpose of this role is to ensure that EMR maximises the technical and commercial value from its collaborative R&D projects while also building positive long term relationships with its partners
- Lead EMR’s work on collaborative R&D projects, including co-ordinating multi-partner consortia
- Manage the EMR teams working on collaborative projects to design, supervise, analyse and reporting on process trials, at lab, pilot and full scale
- Develop and monitor progress on project second level plans, budgets, exploitation plans and work packages
- Arrange consortium meetings and prepare and coordinate reporting to funders and other project collaborators on technical and financial progress of projects
- Train and develop engineers and others working on the projects to increase EMR’s capacity for research and development
- Communicate progress on EMR’s collaborative projects both internally and externally, networking with both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the Engineering Programme Manager and other EMR colleagues to develop proposals and contacts internally and externally to maintain a pipeline of further collaborative innovation projects
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline would be useful, but not essential. Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Mineral Processing are particularly relevant.
- A demonstrable understanding of materials behaviour during processing
- The relevant experience might include:
-Working on multi-partner collaborative R&D projects funded by Innovate UK or similar funders.
-New process development including concept development and process trials
-Research, either in an academic or industrial organisation
- A track record in:
-Delivering innovative, technically challenging projects, including work packages in multi-partner collaborative R&D projects
-Creating added value from new thinking
-Managing and developing technical staff
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.