Graduate Engineer - Supply Chain
Location: Hailsham, Lower Dicker, BN27 4EL
Salary: £20K - £21K per annum, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Vacgen and we are recruiting.
Since 1964, we have been the name on everyone’s lips when they think about high quality ultra-high vacuum products and services.
We manufactured the very first UHV valve and we head some of the most advanced vacuum research, coupling this with over 50 years excelling in the research and scientific industry we have incredible grounding in the needs of our customers.
We are now recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join our busy Engineering team, working from our facility in Hailsham, on a permanent basis.
Graduate Engineer - Supply Chain - About the role:
The primary objective of this role is to identify cost reductions from the renegotiation of current supply chain to new suppliers and identify any waste within any given process.
Your focus will be on (but not explicitly) mechanical products.
In addition to this, you will be responsible for:
- Procurement of samples for evaluation, and ultimate approval, working with the Quality and Purchasing teams accordingly.
- Working closely with Operations, Quality & Engineering to drive an end savings result.
- You will learn to understand the commercial impacts of the suggested changes, gaining invaluable experience.
- You will also maintain records of the saving and report the progress on each of them monthly, based on individual commodity projects being worked on.
It is essential that you have:
- A minimum 2:1 BEng or BSc in an Engineering related discipline or equivalent, ideally including a module covering Quality.
- You should have excellent communication skills to enable you to forge solid working relationships.
- You must have good organisation and IT skills.
- A reasonable commute to our facility in Hailsham.
We require all employees to have the following personal qualities/attributes:
- Ability to work on own initiative, taking ownership
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm,
- Good at listening, providing input and implementing decisions
- Working in teams to create commercial outcomes and provide customer solutions
- Confident in delivering technical presentations explaining products and services
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.