This position offers a great opportunity to work for a small but growing company. They have introduced new innovative products to the industry which have been very well received resulting in major orders from operating companies and a strong interest from a large number of other customers on a global basis. The company's products are based on an electro-mechanical core expertise but incorporate electronics and software functionality to deliver a full system capability for the customer.
Due to this strong demand for its products the business is investing to strengthen its engineering by recruiting an able manufacturing engineer to support the growth the business. This is a broad based role covering mechanical engineering with electrical and electronic content. The product is highly reliable and delivers both economic and safety benefits for their industry.
The ideal candidate will be a professional Manufacturing Engineer with experience within an industrial sector with significant technological content. The position presents the chance to work within a bright and highly-motivated multi-disciplinary team within a business that is expected to experience strong growth for many years to come. Key competencies:
- You will need to be highly innovative individual, capable of responding creatively to a very rapid engineering development environment.
- You will be a graduate with a degree in production engineering or engineering preferably specialising in mechanical engineering/mechatronics.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in the introduction of electromechanical products into production in a timely, safe & structured manner. Advise engineering on design for manufacture & test, support UK & international suppliers & contractors to maximise product quality, yield, and reliability whilst meeting cost targets.
- You will have proven experience of developing automated assembly & test processes.
- Able to quickly establish positive & productive working relationships.
- Apply RoHS & WEEE directives and work within and develop ISO 9001:2008, FM, ATEX and IECEx systems
- You will have experience in production engineering & NPI within manufacturing engineering in light mechanical, electromechanical or electronic sectors, mechanical design of products & tooling, delivery of product & process documentation and manufacturing processes (machining metal, plastics moulding, electronic assembly, pressings, etc.). You will be familiar with the use of kanbans, 5S and other appropriate kaizen techniques.
- Experience with Labview & Autodesk preferable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.