A global organisation of fine chemicals to various industry sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical, Oil & Gas & speciality chemical industries. The company are well established, formed in 1869.
The company is based in West Bromwich and easily commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Dudley & Cannock.
The company are seeking a site based civil engineer to support their 14 acre facility.
Duties to include are;
- Civil inspections, in compliance with statutory regulations and company codes of practice.
- Assist in all civil engineering projects and any additional contract resources
- Planned preventative maintenance procedures and examination schedules relating to buildings, drains, roads, sewers and any new examination schemes
- Assess the risks of civil related tasks and to record all findings on the relevant company documentation. e.g working at height, manual handling, permit to work, hand arm vibration etc
- Update of company maintenance management systems
I welcome applications from civil engineers or civil technicians.
- Experienced in all aspects of "hands on" civil engineering to undertake planned and reactive maintenance around the facility/site.
- Undertake statutory inspection for compliance around the facility.
- Carry out any remedial/repair work and any new developments on site.
- Supporting infrastructure on the site such as drainage systems, structural framework and concrete, brickwork etc
- A formal recognised apprenticeship in civil engineering & educated to ONC or City & Guilds level 3 in civil engineering or similar.
- Able to use and interpret technical engineering drawings equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information.
- Experience of carrying out civil inspections and involved within engineering projects.
This role is a 38 hour week.
Benefits include - The company offers a Company Pension, Flexible Holidays, overtime, life assurance.
Working within a pleasant, friendly working environment within a small team.
Apply now to be considered for this role...
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.