Leading civil engineering construction company seeks to secure the services of a Senior P6 Planner on either a permanent or contract basis based in the West Midlands to work on a £35million project.
As Senior Planner you will join a people orientated business who see their employees as the critical element to their successful growth over the years. As Senior Planner you will be fully competent in the use of P6 and have a solid background in civil engineering construction and have an in depth knowledge of the NEC form of contract. The project itself is a £35 million civils construction project split over two phases which incorporate bridges, car parks, underpasses, a new bus station and some M&E work.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Produce Programme from base information
- Chair planning meetings to discuss the project programme and as part of team meeting agenda and highlight areas of concern. Suggest work arounds and develop solutions (what if scenarios) Obtain buy in with project team of programme duration and logic changes when required
- Produce fragnets / what if? scenarios to support compensation events and explain the logic.
- Prepare Project Planners report with measurable progress against base line plan, reasons for slippage and changes to the critical path Incorporate change control and early warnings into contract programme
- Report any changes made to contract programme in report when programme is issued to client. Attend client and multi contractor programme workshops (i.e. blockade) review meetings substantiate and clarify company's programme requirements with other parties.
- Demonstrate importance of Contract Programme by communicating and highlighting any issues and utilise programme as a key tool to assist the project manager in leading and managing the project - provide regular 2 week and 4 week look ahead to assist the site team
- Convert BOQ into programme cost loaded activities that can be related back to the Bill of Q. Update actual costs to produce CPI and SPI at end of period
To be considered for the role of Senior Planner candidates must have substantial experience working with P6. If you have experience of using ASTA this would be an added advantage but not essential. You will have a solid background in civil engineering construction and have an in depth knowledge of the NEC form of contract. If you have experience of M&E then again this would be an added advantage.
In return you will be offered an attractive salary with benefits package or, a healthy day rate.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more info or just apply online.