We are European Metal Recycling, a rapidly growing business who are seeking an ambitious individual to join us as a Shredder Operations Manager with the motivation to develop their career and to join a global leader in recycling.
We are one of the worlds largest organisations in our field, employing 4000 staff across 180 sites around the world. With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated professional to thrive in. Our employees are the driving force of our success and our belief in this is demonstrable through our investment back to our staff. With growth soaring in the UK, it is an exciting time to be joining us.
You can be part of our journey…
Shredder Operations Manager
The role of Shredder Operational Manager at EMR Group is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment. You will take responsibility for:
- Operational and Commercial performance.
- Develop and implement maintenance PPM’s.
- Manage and report on production and plant performance ‘OEE’
- Ensure product quality in line with Industry Standards.
- Manage and leading a team of dedicated Operations staff.
- Manage visitors, customers, drivers and contractors when on site.
- Ensure the depot is working in line with Health & Safety regulations and Industry legislation
- With the support of an General Manager, develop a good understanding of metal grades, making sure landed costs of material fall within authorised price boundaries.
- Work closely with EMR’s Commercial and Finance teams when assessing budgets, pricing and P&L activities.
The Person Spec
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Proven experience working in plant operations required.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating plants
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues.
- Good understanding of plant/equipment maintenance requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Previous experience of Leadership in a relevant industry such as Waste, Aggregates, Depot Operations, Processing or Construction etc.would be ideal. EMR Group is keen for Shredder Operations Managers to be able to demonstrate
- Plan and manage maintenance and installation projects.