Cobham Mission Systems in Wimborne have opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer.
On offer is a salary between £34,000 - £44,000 depending on the level of experience and qualifications plus substantial benefits package (detailed below).
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Acting as a key member of the manufacturing engineering team, supporting major programmes from development to production and BAU through process planning, change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Liaising with internal departments (Purchasing, Quality, IPTs) and, on occasion, dealing directly with the customer and supplier
- Providing input into product changes and modifications, to ensure they are designed for efficient manufacture and assembly
- Providing robust solutions to production issues ensuring cost, quality and time metrics
- Acting as the Manufacturing Engineering authority on process planning, equipment, tooling and producibility
- Lead and own manufacturing engineering work streams and projects
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve manufacturing business milestones
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Hold a degree in engineering (desirable)
- Having held a previous senior/lead manufacturing engineer position in Aerospace Industry (preferred), or be time served within a high precision production organisation or have a broad based engineering background (Desirable)
- A depth of experience in machining processes (e.g. CNC, special purpose), NDT and surface treatments and quality inspection (Desirable)
- Strong experience in assembly techniques and good attention to detail of aerospace components and assemblies (Desirable)
- Strong background in reviewing and approving engineering drawings of aerospace components and assemblies (Desirable)
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing considerations for Grade-1/ safety-critical parts (Preferred)
- Strong experience in robust review of engineering changes and implement into current production line (Essential)
- Good understanding of MRP system, engineering and manufacturing Bill of Materials (Essential)
- Depth of experience in driving process improvement (Preferred)
- Having good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of FMEA, Quality improvement tools (6-Sigma or equivalent), DFX (Essential)
- Understanding of current and cutting edge manufacturing processes and equipment (Essential)
- Working knowledge of developing tooling, equipment to support production (Essential)
- Understanding of estimation, value mapping for work packs (Preferred)
- Working experience of Product lifecycle management system (Preferred)
- Experience in Windows PC's and software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Essential)
- Ability to efficiently convert technical information & engineering drawing data into work instructions & technical narratives (Essential)
Key Character Competencies required for the role:
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision
- Ability to confidently deal with internal customer, cross functions and seniors
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to issues and difficult situation
- Problem solver and collaborator
- Good time management & multi-tasking
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can't. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
Working at CMS Wimborne
Click Here to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.