Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We have an exciting new opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, innovative technology and engineering company where their 'mission' is to deliver solutions that make a difference.
- Lead the planning, delivery and assurance of customer and in house work packages
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for Infrastructure engineering activity
- Liaise with the customer on all Infrastructure risks and issues
- Provide solutions and support to project requirements
- Provide continuous improvement of Infrastructure engineering capabilities
- Provide management, oversight, direction and guidance to project team members, through the planning and delivery of our projects
- Produce essential project documents and internal work instructions
- Provide Infrastructure engineering technical input into bid preparation and contracts
Key skills & qualifications
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- A willingness to gain DV clearance to allow you to work on a wider range of projects in the role
- Hyper-V, VMWare certification or equivalent industry virtualization experience an advantage
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE or equivalent) an advantage
- HP Server and Workstation configuration and administration
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server design, configuration, deployment, management and support; including windows infrastructure services, active directory, exchange server, backup, group policy and hardening etc.
- Experience of infrastructure support, anti-virus and patching
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle; design/development, test and acceptance, configuration management, in service support
- The ability to meet with customers, manage and build relationships
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas if required
- Holder of a full UK driving licence, with the ability to travel, when required
- A credible level of experience of Infrastructure engineering, preferably gained in the government / defence sector.
- CompTIA, CCNA or networking certification, an desirable
- Cyber and Security experience.
- Server storage configuration
- Firewall, routers configuration experience.
- Linux administration and configuration
What we're looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment