Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer, where you will be rewarded with a challenging role in a company that offers excellent career opportunities, a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to make a difference.
Structural Engineer Responsibilities
- Support communications with internal and external customers and suppliers on assigned projects as necessary.
- Plan, manage and deliver your own work, ensuring the delivery of outputs are to time and budget and problems are mitigated as and when they arise.
- Derive structural evidence on which to base product development decisions.
- Develop test requirements and guide trials teams in delivering against these requirements
- Produce and deliver verbal and written reports to internal and external customers and stakeholders to ratify design and equipment performance decisions.
Structural Engineer skills and qualifications required:
- Ideally degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Experience carrying out structural investigations (e.g. linear, non-linear, crash, fatigue, modal and vibration) to derive evidence on which to base product development decisions.
- Evidence of evaluating structural problems by applying both hand calculations and numerical based tools; e.g. Hypermesh, OptiStruct, Radioss, LS-Dyna, Mathcad, Nastran, Patran, Adams.
- Experience delivering verbal and written reports to either internal/external customers.
- People who are self-motivated, good problem solvers and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing formal documents/deliverables on projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a challenging and rewarding position within a world class engineering environment where you will have the opportunity to influence and impact the successful delivery of products, central to business success.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.