£30k - £45k depending on experience
Design Engineer with to join a UK company. With a strong order book for 2021 and beyond the company require additional design engineers to join their team. With business flourishing this role offers the successful applicant a lot of variety in the role including prototype design, R&D, production, CAD, FEA & testing.
The products designed are used in demanding applications and sold throughout the world. In particular, the products are manufactured for vehicles and alternative energy sectors, so experience in this sector would be a distinct advantage. However, aerospace, automotive, rail, mechanical engineering, physics and chemistry engineering, composites or similar would all be considered.
Typically, a Design Engineer with a Masters or BEng / MEng would be well suited to the role. This position requires a good all round engineer with a genuine passion for their job.
• The Design Engineer will have responsibility for design for manufacturing, typically juggling multiple projects at a time
• Run prototyping on new products
• Use system calculations and modelling, detailed component design, stress analysis & use of FEA modelling when required
• Tool design
• Liaise with suppliers -will also be expected to work as a supplier liaison when required
• Process development
• Project management and associated documentation
• Update and modify equipment for production engineering
• Work closely with manufacturing team, CNC operators and design office
• Materials Design to ISO 9001 standards
• Minimum 4yrs commercial experience with Engineering (mechanical / materials)
• MSc, MEng, BEng or similar degree from a leading University
• Experience with CAD / AutoCAD, Stress Analysis and FEA
• Knowledge of calculations involving metals and polymers (or similar materials)
All products are designed and built on site. A one-stop-shop for design, development and manufacturing. Creating an exciting and variable job for the design engineer.
This is a small and dedicated team of engineers where your opinions and views are welcome. The client ideally require an engineer with tenacity and ability to challenge the norm.