Regarded throughout our industry as a top tier manufacturer, supplying many household names both in the UK and across the globe, we are a dynamic and fast-growing, Southampton based family owned flexible packaging business with more than 40 years of manufacturing and trading history. Due to a continued year on year growth, despite the current economic climate we are continuously recruiting.
- Must have level 3 college qualifications in engineering or technological specialisation course in the areas of industrial maintenance, mechatronics or electromechanics or higher education in the areas of electrical engineering, electronics or similar.
- Ideally will have 1 to 2 years of experience in industrial maintenance.
- Must be computer literate & have good maths skills.
- Must have good communication skills, a sense of responsibility and be a team player.
- Will have the capability to hit the ground running after a short but in-depth induction process.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
- Will have good timekeeping.
- Must be able to work 4 on 4 off shift pattern alternating between days & nights, 12 hour shifts.
This role will offer excellent opportunities for career development and will provide an ideal chance for you to showcase your experience. The main duties of shift-based engineers are:
- To perform daily maintenance tasks in accordance with defined work orders and maintenance plans.
- To perform interventions and repairs in the context of curative and preventative maintenance.
- Analysis, diagnosis, control, and monitoring of the operating conditions of industrial equipment.
- To ensure the proper functioning of industrial electromechanical equipment and installations.
- Monitoring of implementation of new industrial equipment.
- Regular participation in training sessions with manufacturers of industrial equipment (mainly Germany & Italy).
- To be able to identify the necessity of using various supplier/manufacturer customer service and technical support hotlines.