We're looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with Japanese language skills to join a company in Royston. You will be supporting and continuously improving products and manufacturing processes along with managing manufacturing release of new products. You should possess a sound knowledge of manufacturing engineering principles backed up with proven experience.
* Continual improvement of products and production processes to improve product quality, reliability, functionality and manufactured cost
* Engineering technical support for manufacturing, sales and marketing
* Managing the non-conformance and engineering change processes
* Creating and maintaining product manufacturing data packs including build instructions and factory acceptance tests
* Previous Manufacturing Engineering experience is essential with experience of production release projects including generation of build and test instructions
* Knowledge and application experience of lean manufacturing methods
* Problem solving knowledge using root cause analysis, DMAIC etc.
* Experience using 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks and/or Creo and MRP/ERP software.
* Ability to speak Japanese
Additionally, the following would be beneficial:
* Degree qualified in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
* Experience of Product Data Management systems (PDM, PLM)
* Experience of working with low volume electro-mechanical assemblies
* Hands on ability to modify and manufacture parts using workshop tools
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.