Senior Mechanical Project Engineer – Cork
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer required for a large Irish Mechanical contractor. This is a permanent role with this client working on large pharmaceutical projects in the Cork area. The role is based on sites in Cork, and will be based around the mechanical piping sector.
Previous pharmaceutical experience required.
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
- Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage the Work packs process from development, implementation and handover
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
- 6+ years’ experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor in process mechanical / pipework
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in use of Navisworks and Database systems related to Engineering functions
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
For more information on this role please contact Darren O'Keeffe or to apply, click 'Apply Now'