HV Electrical Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000 p/a
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent high voltage engineering company specialising in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable generation. Due to continuing success and a secure sales pipeline they're looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer.
The Electrical engineer role is both diverse, challenging and rewarding. As an electrical engineer you will be given the opportunity to practice and develop a wide range of skills including electrical design, estimating, commissioning and project management. They're flexible in our approach to the role and you may choose to specialise or to work across a range of engineering and management skills, either way we will provide a supporting environment in which to develop as a high voltage specialist.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with in-house design and engineering teams to ensure equipment layouts, designs, cable schedules, testing and commissioning procedures are in place.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufactures on design, installation and commissioning issues. Obtain competitive tenders from the supply chain. Attend manufacturers factory acceptance tests when required
- Responsibility for effective project management and delivery across a diverse range of electrical HV projects including liaison with clients, consultants and their representatives. Produce project construction programs and manage activities to the construction program. Attend site project coordination meetings and undertake inspections / audits of site works to monitor quality and progress
- Provide leadership and management throughout the project life cycle. Oversee junior engineers and site operatives
- Ensure project compliance with CDM and Health and Safety requirements, produce risk assessments and method statements, undertake site audits
- Ensure onsite, pre and post energisation inspections and commissioning check are in place. Manage the interface between client / DNO commissioning engineers
- Set a high standard for Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality on the sites and leading by example ensuring health and Safety is Priority No1.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
Qualifications / skills:
Candidates should have gained relevant experience of Electrical Engineering and Project Management within the electrical contracting or utility industries. Experience of work within the High Voltage sector is desirable, however applications for electrical engineers that wish to develop their knowledge within the High Voltage sector will be considered. Technical support, mentoring and additional training will be provided for the right candidate to further develop their skillset.
- Candidates must have previous experience as an electrical engineer, preferably within the electrical contracting or utilities industries. You will possess excellent technical knowledge and be able to apply this in a practical way
- Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Previous experience of project delivery or a project management role including experience of dealing with suppliers, clients and supervision of staff. You will be confident in managing clients, contractors and third parties and have a strong commitment to the success of the projects that you undertake.
- Have obtained or be working towards professional registration with the IET
- Previous experience of HV switching at 11-33kV is advantageous with the desire to work towards Senior Authorised Person status under the company HV safety rules
- Must be available to travel on work related business throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. (url removed) .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted