This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual currently carrying out a project, contracts or site engineer role within the ground engineering, piling or foundations sectors.
Our client is proud to be one of the UK’s leading foundations, piling and ground engineering contractors, and has earned an enviable reputation for quality, innovation and customer service. The company offers a range of geotechnical, foundation engineering design and construction services, including various piling techniques including CFA, driven, pre-cast concrete, stabilisation, temporary works, secant and contiguous piled walls, ground beams and restricted access.
The business has a strategy to grow significantly over the next three to five years, and thus has an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Engineer to play a key role in realising this strategy. The successful candidate will possess experience within the piling, foundations, geotechnical or ground engineering sector. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the main purpose of this role will be to operationally assist and support in the delivery of numerous piling and foundations contracts for the company through effective site management, liaison with suppliers, sub-contractors and clients, and team leadership. Occasionally you will also be required to assist and support the pre-contracts teams in the construction of competitive estimates, tenders, bids and proposals tailored bespoke to client specifications.
- To assist and support projects, sites and contracts with a hands-on approach to operational day-to-day site activities
- To help develop and implement plans for contracts ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered, with an emphasis upon service delivery, and to effectively support the Project Manager with regard to operations, construction, staff, quality and HSE
- To act as a focal point for the site team, helping to steer and guide contracts forward, ensuring client liaison and increasing service levels wherever possible
- Working with the team to ensure accurate progress and project reports are produced on time
- Helping site teams in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery
- To liaise and interact with suppliers and sub-contractors to improve upon existing terms if possible
- To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of staff
- To chair and direct regular meetings with staff to discuss progress, and provide the Project Manager reports as required
- Report any issues to the Contracts Manager, keeping him informed of any potential problems that could affect the business or project operations
- To have a proven track record of experience as a Site, Contracts or Project Engineer from within a piling, foundations or ground engineering contracting organisation
- To support sites and projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach, but also with a positive attitude to clients, sub-contractors and teams
- To have had first-hand experience in supporting the delivery of contracts and projects
- To have experience of a variety of works, including multi-disciplined techniques
- Must possess an excellent understanding of the project delivery contracting process, coupled with the ability to help manage and develop teams, both technically and personally
- Good levels of understanding of both pre and post contract stages
- Ability to join an existing and established business and contribute to the operational aspects of projects and sites in a positive manner with enthusiasm and drive
- A motivator of others who is able to evaluate problems or issues and offer solutions
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation, and to establish and maintain respect both professionally and personally
- A strong and supportive character able to support project and contract operations
- Should be robust and resilient, possessing determination and natural enthusiasm, as well as being a team player
- Must have excellent time management skills, being able to effectively prioritise and delegate against deadlines
- Open to new ideas, not set in their ways, able to think laterally
- A humanitarian approach to relationships with colleagues, staff, clients and suppliers alike
- Forceful and persuasive but able to listen and communicate effectively
- Must be loyal to the company and the Group
An attractive salary and benefits package (permanent) is available to the successful candidate, along with career progression, job security and longevity of work, given the company’s forward order workload and their continued commitment to growth across the UK.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality.