We are one of the world’s leading names in Biotechnology and our research has helped millions of people across the globe.
We are looking to recruit a Process Engineer with previous experience of managing safety within ATEX / Pharma environments to join us on an initial 6 month contract.
You will be responsible for ensuring projects meet legislative requirements (DSEAR ATEX, COMAH, corporate PSM requirements (GIPSM), Pressure Safety regulations) and will ensure best practices.
This will involve leading workstreams within the wider team and providing solutions to manufacturing operations and process development activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring implementation to ensure site compliance with the COMAH Regulations and corporate PSM requirements (GIPSM).
- Support site compliance with local regulations e.g. DSEAR ATEX, Pressure Safety regulations etc
- Lead communication with external competent authorities in order to ensure optimum compliance with COMAH, Regulations. Notification of incidents and changes to the Health & Safety Authority.
- Monitoring and coordinating the implementation of the PSM system and reporting to senior management, ensuring appropriate resources are allocated to PSM activities. Developing the process safety business plan and providing leadership for its implementation. Chair Process Safety Management Meeting. Lead/Chair Process Safety Activities as required e.g. PHRs, facility siting, incident investigations, project/change assessments.
- Support Emergency Response Team and Management Control Group, chair ERT Technical Committee
- Member of site Event and Change Board, support event, change and trend analysis for site. Member of EHS Lead Team for process safety related topics.
- Responsible for review and approval of specific safety documents including, but not limited to, Site Safety Report, Process Hazard Reviews, Risk Assessments, Change control documents, EHS Event Investigations etc. as applicable.
- Develop organization/functional capability within process safety and across the site through education, consultation, and technical direction.
- Identification and escalation of compliance gaps consistent with the site procedure on
- Notification to Management and involved in proposing and developing solutions.
- Interface and influence with internal stakeholders (Global EHS & PSM etc.). Interfaces with external agencies and pursues external benchmarking activities.
- Provides technical expertise and mentorship for site on process safety on significant investigations and changes, supplier assessments and improvements to EHS processes.
- Support site corporate audits, site self-assessments activities, management review and external regulatory and customer audits. Audit other manufacturing installations and bring good PSM practices to Speke site.
- Develop and own PSM improvement roadmap and liaise with process and functional
- team to implement the plan.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Degree in Chemical and/or Process Engineering or equivalent
- A background and experience in chemical process engineering is essential.
- Industry experience in drug substance and drug product manufacturing of licensed pharmaceuticals is desirable
- Experience of process safety systems such as HAZOP, SIL and process control strategies for managing hazards is desirable
- Experience of sizing and specifying relief devices/vent headers is desirable
- Track record of leading small teams and to deliver results to agreed timelines would be beneficial
- Membership of IChemE or equivalent
- A high level of independence within assigned objectives and can take decisions within and about project scope
Please press apply now to submit your application. Alternatively, if you would like further information on this position or other positions win a similar sector, please feel free to contact our Shaunna Doherty on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website.