Do you have experience working in a Design Engineer role? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to support the growth of the business over the coming years and beyond. Based in our Guildford, Surrey office. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Along with the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of engineering, measurement and inspection.
A wide range of on-the-job training will be provided with this role.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Design Engineer, you will help support our growing cross sector customer base on our 3d scanning related projects. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Design Engineer with a methodical approach who will take a primary role in a range of technical projects, who can strengthen our Design Team undertaking design and reverse engineering across a wide range of market sectors. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Design tasks ranging from reverse engineering of components through to new designs to meet the client needs
- Designing complex fixtures for robust measurement of components
- Undertake all aspects of the design lifecycle from requirements capture, concept design, detail design and production of engineering drawings
- Responsible for commercial and project management activity quoting and winning work, then delivering the project to time and cost. Taking day to day responsibility for the project management of client projects
- Ability to work alone using initiative to solve complex problems and work as part of a highly motivated team
- Direct contact with clients throughout projects
- Input into technical meetings and discussions. Be comfortable chairing technical meetings, preparing and delivering design reviews and producing technical reports
- Utilising and implementing measurement good practice both for internal applications and client-based projects
Our ideal candidate
To become our Design Engineer, you will need to possess a degree or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline although candidates with other academic qualifications combined with relevant experience will also be considered. You will also need:
- Experience in design lifecycle from concept generation through to detail design
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Siemens NX, but also others considered
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel)
- Report writing and communication skills
- Experience in producing high standard engineering drawings to client specifications
- Knowledge of GD&T
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Design Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary. We also deliver exciting and varied projects opportunities, recognise, reward, and develop expertise, support and mentoring for professional registration and provide a rewarding and ethical work environment.
About the company
Physical Digital has recently been acquired by the Trescal group. We are forward-thinking company, focusing on the use, design, development and implementation of metrology systems into high value manufacturing processes. We have a team of experts who each bring specialist knowledge across the fields of design, metrology and reverse engineering. Working across a range of industries including, aerospace, automotive, energy and manufacturing which offers a diverse and rewarding engineering environment to work.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Design Engineer, click apply today to register your interest.