RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal Civil/Structural Engineer
NES Fircroft are working with a multi-discipline engineering design company providing design, procurement, project and construction management consultancy services. The company is a flexible, responsive and pro-active business that has successfully delivered projects ranging from small-scale studies through to multi-million-dollar new build programmes.
The client is looking for an experienced Civil/Structural Engineer to join their existing team of Engineers and Designers, to work on interesting and complex projects across a broad range of market sectors which Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
- Working part of a team of Civil and Structural Engineers and Designers, in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Ensure safe working and follow compliance with CDM Regulations.
- Whilst having design experience in Structural engineering is advantageous, we require an Engineer with a proven track record in producing analytical design calculations for all aspects of civils, including:
- Pile caps and ground beams.
- Slabs, both ground bearing and suspended.
- Composite decking.
- Shallow foundations, including balanced and unbalanced Pad foundations.
- Retaining walls.
- Sumps, bunds, pits and culverts.
- Design of water retaining structures.
- Design of foundations for rotating machinery (vibration)
- Road design and general infrastructure works.
- Check and amend civil GA drawings and bar schedules.
- Demonstrate innovative in design work with due regard to minimisation of cost, risk and schedule, whilst maintaining technical integrity.
- Working to fixed scopes of work and having the ability to identify and report scope changes.
- Able to be a discipline project Lead, reporting directly to both the Principal, and the Project Manager.
- Ensure the delivery of engineering scope of work to the agreed project programme and within budgeted man hours.
- Preparing engineering specifications, calculations, and other documentation as required.
- Checking and approving specifications, calculations and drawings.
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to ensure interdisciplinary compatibility on projects.
- Liaising with Clients on engineering contracts and design services.
- Attend face to face meetings, both internally and externally (Client/3rd Party) as required. On occasions, this may be outside the UK.
- Follow approved quality control procedures in the department, working to the quality plan and company IMS procedures.
- Liaison with the Principal Engineer with regard to workload and resource planning.
- Assist in the preparation and/or approval of company man hour estimates and technical proposals.
- Technically assist and support more junior members of staff.
- A Civil function specialist, with a deep understanding and broad experience in civil engineering but with a capability for structural engineering, having at least five years continuous civil design experience.
- Chartered or near Chartered Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Civil or Structural engineering.
- In depth knowledge of Civil design in a process driven environment.
- Experience in the modification of existing process plant.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Competent in using modelling software such as STAAD Pro or Robot Structural Analysis/ Tekla Building Designer, but able to produce hand calculations if necessary.
- Competent in using RCC Spreadsheets & Tedds or equivalent specialist design packages.
- Experience in FEED studies.
- In depth knowledge of UK statutory requirements, UK Codes & Standards, Eurocodes and Project Basis of Design is essential
- Knowledge of other international design codes is advantageous
- Knowledge of seismic design is advantageous.
- Knowledge of current HSE Legislation and Regulations.
- Good grasp of each stage of the project execution process.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.