My client, a leading aerospace manufacturer, require an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with a background in precision machining to join their facility in Wolverhampton. The successful Manufacturing Engineer will possess experience in the machining of complex components for the aerospace or other similar precision industries. You should have
Roles and Responsibilities of Manufacturing Engineer:
- Support the fabrication of complex machined parts by providing timely and accurate CNC programs
- To develop and execute effective manufacturing systems that are based on best practice
- Establish standard times for each operation ensuring minimisation of the 7 wastes
- Provides "Practical Problem Solving" support to the business in tackling process or yield issues
- Support in the creation, review and approval of gauging, fixtures and special tooling required to support the efficient and effective manufacture of machined and assembled products.
- Ensure compatibility of engineering drawings and specifications with manufacturing and fabrication capabilities.
- Support NPI programs to ensure new designs fit within the manufacturing strategy
Skills/Experience of Manufacturing Engineer:
- BSc Degree (vocational, professional, or advanced) or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering. (desirable)
- HNC/ HND (vocational, professional, or advanced) or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proven general capabilities in DFM, DFSS, APQP methodologies, Lean methodologies and Zero Defects.
- Proven specific capabilities in CNC programming using 3D CAD/CAM, (Siemens NX10.0 (Preferred), SolidWorks, EdgeCAM, Vericut)
- Knowledge and exposure to 5 Axis Milling, Mill/Turn techniques and programming,
- Exposure to Honing, Lapping, Grinding, Flow Deburring, Heat treatment would be highly advantageous.