The Electrical Layout Engineer assists the building manager and layout team lead in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
General Layout Engineering
- Requests the input data for the electrical layout engineering of the building (cable lists, equipment data, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
- Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout and solve multi-disciplinary layout issues:
- Lays out the various electrical equipment.
- Designs cable trays in the 3D model.
- Carries out checks of the consistency between input data (1D and 2D) and the 3D model.
- Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, handover reports, etc.).
- Coordinates layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
- Progress monitoring and change management:
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Manages the list of input data to be used to perform the 3D design.
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points and risks.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
- Business Travel: ability to attend occasional meetings in Malakoff, France
Interactions with all groups/sections related to the building and in particular with the building manager, layout team lead, layout engineers and civil engineers, systems and contracts engineers and the team in charge of the analysis of internal hazards.
Degree qualified and experience in one or more areas of engineering: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, piping engineering, process engineering
Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project.
Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.)
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
Highly organised with attention to detail
Ability to identify continuous improvements
Fluent in English – written & verbal
Knowledge and experience of using PDMS
Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
French language skills – written & verbal
Software & Tools:
- MS Office & Outlook
- Security Clearance:
- BPSS level clearance required
Accepting Candidates: Engineer / Chartered Level – 5 to 10 years’ experience
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.