What will your role look like?
Within Roke’s Information Assurance and Human Sciences Profession, you will be helping our customers stay secure. Our consultants assess the security of systems, identify how to make systems secure, and design robust and resilient systems. We use our knowledge of human behaviour to help build more usable and resilient digital systems.
Depending on your interests, you might work on projects to identify and fix cyber security risks in complex, critical systems, assure cryptographic systems, design secure platforms, or research new and relevant technologies.
We use a mix of tools and approaches to deliver our work and you will get the chance to work on a range of projects. There are also opportunities to gain relevant experience and work towards industry-standard certifications. You will also be exposed to our customers’ challenges and learn what matters to them. Working within talented and dedicated teams, we all learn from the experience and insights of others.
What does our Graduate Development Programme look like?
At Roke we recruit some of the best talent the country has to offer. We provide the building blocks necessary for successful integration into the business, as well as the ongoing support to enable our graduate community to fulfil their undoubted potential. That’s why we’ve created a programme that will accelerate individual learning and development while delivering real business value by giving you the time, trust and freedom to take control of your career. This emphasis on experiential learning is supported through initiatives including:
- A mixture of technical and soft skill training in order to provide you with the skills you need to thrive
- Regular access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to attend external exhibitions/conferences in order to broaden industry knowledge
We have a wide range of opportunities in this area so your role will vary depending on your existing experience, our customer needs and your aspirations.
What do we expect from you?
Working within the Information Assurance and Human Sciences Profession there’s no one single set of skills that we’re looking for. We are a diverse team who all match our skills to the different sorts of work we do. Ideally we would like you to have a good honours degree in a related subject, but we’re also interested in you being able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills you have developed and apply them in novel ways, regardless of your academic background.
Wherever your interests in Information Security lie, you will need to:
- Work well with others;
- Communicate clearly and effectively;
- Be interested in the security of systems or how people affect security; Be inquisitive about how and why systems are created as they are; and
- Take pride in producing high quality answers to hard problems.
- Most of our Information Assurance and Human Sciences roles involve thinking about systems and consultancy skills. Scripting experience, for example in Python, is helpful.
What additional skills may be useful?
Knowledge or interest in some of the following:
- Systems, software and security engineering;
- Information Assurance (IA);
- War-gaming and red-teaming;
- Human science and cyber security, including cognitive or behavioural science; or
- Cyber-physical systems and safety.
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's sites in either Romsey or Gloucester, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with one of our prestigious customers.
he benefits of working for us include:
- A highly competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits.
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme.
- 25 days annual leave, which can be supplemented up to a further 8 days by Roke’s flexi-leave scheme.
- A generous relocation allowance to help you settle into the local area and your new role.
- Onsite tennis courts, gym (Romsey only) including showers & changing facilities, and fishing rights on the River Test.
- Numerous company events throughout the year, including a summer music festival, bonfire night fireworks and Christmas party.
- Employee led clubs covering numerous sports (including football, climbing, sailing, etc.), cyber security, data science, robotics, gaming, and more.
Diversity and Inclusion
Roke relies on strength that comes from the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our staff. We all have a responsibility to create an environment where we have the freedom, support and trust to succeed– where we are encouraged to bring our whole self to work. Diversity and Inclusion makes life at Roke enjoyable, as you find yourself integrated in teams made up of a variety of people with ranging backgrounds and experiences. This enables you to interact and connect with individuals, and gather differing perspectives and knowledge that broadens your horizons as a graduate.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and/or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.