Our client based in Birmingham are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Vertical Borer to join their team on a permanent basis. Their Machine Shop produces machined components for the oil and gas industry.
The machine shop is a mixture of CNC and manual lathes, deep hole borers and milling machines.
Job Purpose - To machine components to customer requirements ensuring minimum levels of machining on parts received by customers.
Responsibilities - Interpret engineering drawings to customer specifications in order to produce components to the correct standards within the estimated production times.
- Select machine and appropriate tools required to manufacture components from engineering drawings, whilst working within company Quality procedures
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained to ensure a safe and clean working environment.
Skills and experience needed -
- Experience of using CNC Vertical Borers
- Experience with the oil and gas industry.
- Experience of machining high grade material
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Rate - £15.50 to £18.00 per hour depending on expereince + good benefits.
Overtime available. Hours - Days