Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. We now seek an experienced Laser Operator for our Trumpf 3D Laser facility.
- You will need to be organised, dependable and forward thinking.
- Responsible for setting up and operating a Trumpf CNC 5 axis laser working with varied material types.
- Meet daily through put targets and ensuring material is checked for size, thickness and grade, prior to cutting.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, checks and machine cleanliness are upheld.
- Responsible for the quality of components cut, including fettling as necessary.
- Safe operations for use of cranes and vacuum lift for material handling.
- Ensure all safety procedures and standards are adhered to meeting high expectations for Health & Safety.
Previous experience working on a CNC laser is essential. Trumpf CO2 would be desirable.
Current forklift license and previous Overhead crane operations would be an advantage.
Ideally with a sheet metal back ground.
Previous experience of laser programming would be beneficial.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.