Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. We now seek an experienced Laser Operator for our Trumpf 3D Laser facility.
- You will need to be organised, dependable and forward thinking.
- Responsible for setting up and operating a Trumpf CNC 5 axis laser working with varied material types.
- Meet daily through put targets and ensuring material is checked for size, thickness and grade, prior to cutting.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, checks and machine cleanliness are upheld.
- Responsible for the quality of components cut, including fettling as necessary.
- Safe operations for use of cranes and vacuum lift for material handling.
- Ensure all safety procedures and standards are adhered to meeting high expectations for Health & Safety.
Previous experience working on a CNC laser is essential. Trumpf CO2 would be desirable.
Current forklift license and previous Overhead crane operations would be an advantage.
Ideally with a sheet metal back ground.
Previous experience of laser programming would be beneficial.