Programme Engineering Manager Training Solutions
(NB. Offers are conditional of contract award)
Harlow location, but with flexible home working arrangements
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in a Program Engineering Manager within our Training Solutions business. This new role encompasses Engineering management and the delivery of our customer-centric Training Solutions, where you will lead the Engineering team from the bid and proposal, planning, delivery and ongoing service
- Oversite of Engineering activities across the Training solutions reporting to the Head of Engineering within the Cyber, Intelligence and Training Solutions Business.
- Develop a strong technical capability within Raytheon, working closely with the Training Solutions Architect / Design Authority to define the resources to develop winning, high integrity solutions.
- Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators to programme stakeholders.
- Ensure all phases of the programme are subject to Gate and Design reviews in accordance to the Development Plan, and all issues are resolved in an effective manner.
- Responsible for programme adherence to schedule.
- Manage cost adherence to the programme budgets, using ‘earned value’ techniques
- Risk management for all Engineering deliverables and effective mitigation actions
- Resource management of engineering functions.
- Ensure all documentation, specifications and deliverables are managed via a Configuration Management Plan and achieve correct Design Certifications.
- Setting of goals and appraising Engineering staff and agreeing project specific training needs.
- Technical point of contact and liaison point for key customer organisations.
- Technical interface and management of programme’s contractors & sub-contractors.
- Supporting Business Development in their roles of securing new business and setting strategy for the business.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of complex development programmes, using discretion and innovative approaches to meet challenging programme needs.
- Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes
- Experience and knowledge of managing and motivating an engineering team with varying and diverse skills
- Good problem solving skills and ability to use a varied “tool box” creatively
- Can operate on day to day activities without losing sight of the “big picture”
- Effective communicator internally and externally at all levels, and represents the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
- Confident and competent in a “customer facing” role, represents the organisation as the engineering contact on contracts and projects.
- Resourceful, decisive and resilient in achieving commitments
- Demonstrable experience over a range of programmes, preferably in the Defence and / or Technical Training sector.
- BSc / BEng. in Software, Engineering, Science, or Aeronautical Engineering