An opportunity is available for a Mechanical Estimator to join an innovative and progressive specialist engineering firm from their offices just outside Belfast.
This is a chance to join a leading specialist company who design, supply and install a wide range of prefabricated solutions for the commercial mechanical & electrical sectors throughout Ireland and the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a senior mechanical estimator to support the growing commercial team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
You will report to the estimating manager, as an essential part of the commercial team responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate costings for projects. You will cost for a wide range of commercial and industrial applications – from bespoke plantrooms, risers, laterals and prefabricated solutions. You will be responsible for generating detailed mechanical takeoffs for turnkey commercial projects which involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
- Preparation of tender/enquiry review pack to help inform bid/no bid decisions.
- Ability to read & review schematics & designs prior to completing any take off.
- Complete mechanical take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs.
- Input take offs into mechanical estimating software package & review.
- Liaise with commercial team to analyse labour requirements for each project and pull together associated costs for review.
- Obtain & review specialist supplier & sub-contractor’s quotes.
- To attend site meetings alongside design engineers & contracts managers as required both pre & post contract award.
- Prepare handover pack & attend internal post award meetings for successful projects to discuss and review breakdown of estimate with delivery team
- Third level qualification in a Mechanical, Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanical estimating role, on Mechanical projects from high-level budget enquiries; detailed design pricing; to full tender pricing.
- Knowledge of commercial conditions and the need for attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment rates.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications – to include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Full in-house training
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Health cash plan
- Free annual health check during working hours
- 30 days annual leave