An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced CNC Machinist, to join our client in Aylesbury in the form of a CNC Machine Shop Supervisor.
This is a very technically based hands on role so a background in both 3 axis & 5 axis, milling and turning is essential as well as the ability and experience in offline programming.
The role will be split between a hands on machinist and supervisor with the approximate split between 80% - 85% hands on. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the smooth running of the CNC Machine Shop. This will include hands on machine operating/programming and offline programming.
- Attending daily production meeting to establish and understand requirements.
- Assessing engineering drawings to establish a strategy for creating a machined part. Implementing the strategy with consideration to which machine, or combination thereof gives the most efficient use of time and resources, available tooling and whether new tooling is required.
- Alerting, and liaising with purchasing and production staff as to material/tool requirements.
- Offline programming using Hypermill software, to ensure each machine has the programs required for the planned work.
- Assessing and agreeing lead times with the Production Manager.
- Ensuring quality targets are met at all times. Liaise with Quality Engineer so that all parties are aware of tolerance limits and how these are to be attained and measured.
- Planning work across several machines in order to maximise machine efficiency.
- Liaising with engineering staff to ensure quotes are accurate with focus on materials and machine run times.
- Implement and maintain machine maintenance schedules.
- Have a strong involvement in the development staff members skill/capability levels and training. Including being invested in staff appraisals.
- Manage machine shop staff workload, holidays, attendance and overtime etc.
The salary on offer, depending on experience will be £50,000 - £55,000. In addition to this, the successful candidate will receive 25 days holiday + Bank holidays, Company pension scheme and contribution.
This is a progressive company and this is an opportunity to really make the role and the department your own.