Our client in Belfast are a growing environmental consultancy providing support to their Clients nationally through their offices across the UK. They specialise in incident response, environmental monitoring, contaminated land investigation, remediation and environmental claims management services.
As a result of continued business growth, they are looking for an Environmental Consultant to join their Environmental Claims Division based in Belfast.
The successful applicant should ideally have a minimum 2 years' relevant experience working in a contaminated land and/or Environmental Claims Management consultancy (or similar field) with active involvement in day-to-day project management and delivery of contaminated land/spill response projects. Relevant experience required should include project management, site investigation, risk assessment, remediation design and implementation and technical report writing and reviewing.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or natural science related discipline such as geology, engineering geology, environmental science or physical geography in conjunction with a minimum of four years relevant industry experience.
- Preferred: MSc or MSci - Geology / Hydrogeology / Contaminated Land / Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science (not essential).
- Phase I and Phase II investigation experience including supervision of ground investigation subcontractors.
- Experience completing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk based and intrusive assessment).
- Understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation.
- A full, clean, UK driving license.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Motivated, friendly and confident interacting with clients / the public.
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland, to work away when required.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills including the ability to write factual and interpretive reports with supervision.
Main duties will include:
- Management of specific projects under supervision of senior staff;
- Responsible for the overall project management and timely delivery of projects ensuring agreed budgets and delivery deadlines are met.
- Responsible for robust fieldwork data gathering on all projects as required.
- With support, maintain project communication on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of clients, regulators and homeowners.
- With support, write technically sound and commercially focused proposals, scopes and reports.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and observe the company’s health, safety and environment rules and procedures as well as any site rules and procedures.
- Highly motivated and adaptable with solution orientated approach.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness in need to save / minimise project costs wherever possible.
- Demonstrate an understanding of commercial risk and, where identified, inform relevant senior staff in order for appropriate action to be taken.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Monday to Friday