We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic, Japanese speaking, Manufacturing Engineer / Mechanical Engineer to join product development company based in Cambridgeshire focussed on high-tech laboratory equipment, scientific instrumentation and complex electro-mechanical systems. The Manufacturing Engineer will have a mechanical engineering background, knowledge of manufacturing engineering principals - including production processes, product release and continuous improvement. As the Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineer, you will provide technical support to sales & marketing in addition to the manufacturing teams both in the UK and in Japan. This will include managing non-conformance and engineering change processes, creating build instructions, acceptance tests, product regulatory requirements and supporting design reviews. Occasional travel overseas may be required, and it is essential that applicants have a reasonable degree of spoken Japanese language skills.
Manufacturing Engineer requirements
- Previous Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Ability to speak Japanese (essential)
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes, knowledge, and application experience of lean manufacturing methods
- Experience of product release, build and test instructions
- A good degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience using 3D CAD systems (preferably Solidworks or Creo)
- Experience using MRP/ERP software
- Problem solving skills using root cause analysis, DMAIC etc.
- Experience of Product Data Management systems (PDM, PLM)
- Experience of working with low volume electro-mechanical assemblies
- Hands on ability to modify and manufacture parts using workshop tools
Vacancy location: Cambridgeshire ( commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Newmarket, Huntingdon, Bishops Stortford, Stevenage, etc)