Are you an experienced Engineering Manager? Are you seeking a new challenge? Do you want to be at the forefront of innovation whilst leading a team of Engineers with the planning, organisation and delivery of our Engineering operations?
If so, we are looking for an Engineering Operations Manager to join our progressive Engineering team based at our site in Hereford.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for a result focused leader who is committed to driving continuous improvement and empowering cultural transformation through effective leadership skills and behaviours.
It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation.
Join us as an Engineering Operations Manager and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
To manage the planning, organisation and delivery of the Engineering operations. You will be responsible for the delivery of the day to day maintenance activities, weekend & mid-week plans.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the planning, organisation and delivery of Engineering operations
- Deputise for the Engineering Manager
- Responsible for the accurate upkeep of maintenance records
- Maintain a high level of reliability and availability of factory equipment through an effective planned maintenance regime for the factory asset base
- Maximise added value and ensure full compliance with all legal/company specific inspections and calibrations.
- Contributing to the annual planned and predictive maintenance budget requirements for manufacturing assets, including repairs and maintenance, contracted services and term contractor support.
- Ensuring safe engineering practices across the site, including contractors
- Responsible for the training and development of all Shift Engineers
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues, suppliers and contractors
- Understanding of engineering and operational KPI’s and be able to identify areas for improvement
- Lead and support improvements projects and initiatives
- On-site Contractor Management
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering gained in a suitable engineering discipline, for example, Mechanical or Electrical
- Significant work experience ideally within a Foods manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- IEng or CEng Tech Registered
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate, develop and drive a team of site engineers
- A strong communicator with excellent writing skills and the ability to collaborate and work in a fast-paced environment
We are a leading supplier of chicken and turkey products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. As an Engineering Operations Manager, you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. As an Engineering Operations Manager you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- 33 days annual leave
- Life assurance cover
- Private Medical Cover
- 6% pension contribution
- Various lifestyle benefits