My client is an award winning, innovative technology company within the water utility industry.
As they move towards roll out of a major new project they are looking to recruit a Field Engineer to the Engineering and Field Services Team.
This role would suit a recent Mechanical Engineering graduate who's gained some practical hands on experience in industry.
If you are a Graduate Engineer, versatile with a ‘can-do’ attitude and an interest in #technology please apply.
Location: Sheffield with occasional travel to supplier, customer and partner sites across the UK. Working from home expected occasionally.
Hours: Initial 3-month fixed term contract. Part-time- hours to be agreed (Approximately 15-22.5hrs/week). There is an opportunity for this role to become full-time in due course for the right candidate.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 pro rata
The Role: You will receive full training for the commissioning and installation of optical fibre monitoring equipment within waste water pipeline. You will play a significant role in delivering commercially viable, field ready, scalable technologies and solutions.
- Provide maintenance to critical installation systems and robotics to ensure high operational readiness of equipment.
- Operate installation systems and equipment, following training, as part of an installation field crew
- troubleshooting on any issues.
- Provide end-user feedback to help shape the development of new technological improvements to increase efficiency and reliability of field services.
- Keep detailed records.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement and problem-solving
- Travel to operational sites as required to conduct installation works.
- 1 year experience within an industrial setting
- Practical vocational experience in engineering or other related fields.
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement and balance creativity with process, structure and control
- Problem-solving in complex systems
- Competence with using hand tools and general machining tools
- Experience of using optical fibre (desirable but not essential).
- Strong eye for detail
#robotics #opticalfibre #engineeringjobs #internshipopportunity