My client are a private practice in Leeds who work across the Engineering spectrum. Due to continued growth, they are currently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to assist in dealing with an increase in workload and the further development and expansion of the team and the business. These projects predominantly cover the north of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally include sites across the UK.
The post is within their Civil Engineering team which is responsible for the design of highway and drainage schemes for commercial, industrial and residential developments. Experience in road (Section 38 & 278) and drainage (Section 104) design is required and you should be familiar with relevant design software packages such as Micro drainage, PDS and AutoCAD. In addition, you will have experience in designing sites from inception to completion, including the preparation of FRA reports/drainage appraisals and incorporating SUDS in accordance with the Local/Water Authority requirements.
You should possess a relevant qualification in Civil Engineering, preferably to degree standard. Professional status would be an advantage (such as CEng or IEng). You will be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction and will ideally have at least 10 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work.
You must be motivated, enthusiastic and possess:-
- Capability to work independently or with the design team.
- Ability to effectively delegate work to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards.
- Financial management skills in assessing potential projects and preparing fee quotes.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in dealing with clients and attending design team meetings.
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
For more information about this position or if you are interested in a confidential conversation please contact Sam Smith at Calibre Search in Leeds or click apply.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.